Tuesday, December 24, 2013

1989 Topps Dodgers Team Set

I spent a good portion of today searching through old boxes and binders full of my Dad's older baseball cards. He started collecting in the late 80's and early 90's, which means I have a lot of junk to go through. I came across some cool stuff which I will be occasionally posting to the blog.

I honestly don't know to much about cards that are pre-2012. I know that most cards from the late 80's to 90's are junk, though there are certain cards that can fetch a pretty penny. However, while searching through the binders I came across some cards that caught my eye, 1989 Topps Baseball. There isn't much to the design, and honestly they probably aren't very special, but there was enough of them that I have decided to put together the team set.

There are 33 cards for the complete Dodgers team set. That seems like a high number to me, considering 25-man rosters, but this was obviously a different era in the sports card world. After tedious searching, I have 23 of the 33 needed to complete the set. They are pictured below.




That leaves me with 10 to acquire. I'm hoping my fellow Dodger bloggers can come through with anything they have to help me complete this goal. As always, there will be a bounty on the cards I need. I'll give a point per card, to anybody that can help me finish the set. My needs are listed below.

5 Orel Hershiser Record Breaker
225 Ramon Martinez RC
249 Tim Leary
254 Tom Lasorda Manager
394 Orel Hershiser All-Star
396 Kirk Gibson All-Star
425 Jay Howell
513 Jesse Orosco
736 Jeff Hamilton
755 Mike Scioscia

I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas tomorrow. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you enjoy your day all the same.  


No comments:

Post a Comment