Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Special Matt Kemp Mini and The Chavez Code


I picked this card up off eBay early last week, and it is by far the oddest card I have of Kemp's up to date. It comes from 2012 Topps, but was only given away to people at the National Sports Collectors Convention. I have never been to a sports card convention, and I honestly don't know how they work or what even goes on there. However, I do know that if they are giving away Matt Kemp cards I will be booking a flight to the next one. (I kid, I kid). Not only was this card only given to those who attended the convention, it is a mini! I bought this without knowing that distinct feature and was very surprised when I opened up the bubble mailer last weekend. I don't have that many Kemp mini's, so this card was a welcome surprise.

On to another subject now. The Chavez Code (aka The Point System) is now live! You can click and read more info on that through the Chavez Code page tab at the top of the page. I am light on 'hits' at the present time, though everything I have has a point value assigned to it. I'm looking for more suggestions on how to earn points, and what the points can be redeemed for. I'm very point happy and any good suggestions will result in some added points for you. 

The point list is also available on the right side of the page in the sidebar, directly beneath the Point Leaders. I am pretty sure the points are correct, though correct me if I am wrong. I have some people listed under their name, and some under their blog name. Please let me know what name you would like to go by for Chavez Code purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment