Thursday, December 26, 2013

Trade With Dodger Penguin: A Matt Kemp Christmas

I hope all my readers enjoyed their holiday. I know I enjoyed spending time with family, and I definitely enjoyed the gifts that came my way. No new cards to show you from Christmas, but I did get a few gift cards. I think I'll pick up a blaster box this weekend and do a post on the contents.

I had a few packages come in today, but one stood above the rest. After looking through the gorgeous cards sent my way, I realized that today was just Christmas: Part 2. 

That package came from the always excellent Matthew of Dodger Penguin. Please check out his blog if you haven't already. He features some great Dodger cards, as well as memorabilia. He also holds contests, so don't delay, visit Dodger Penguin's blog today!

We've been sending some things back and forth for a few weeks now, but we have officially completed our first trade. 

First up is a fantastic Matt Kemp auto.


I've actually been on the hunt for this card for quite some time, but continually fall just short at the end of the eBay auctions. It's another fine addition to my Matt Kemp PC.

But, the Kemp auto was not the main prize in this trade. 

I managed to get my hands on my first 1/1, in the form of a 2013 Bowman Chrome Matt Kemp Yellow Printing Plate.




Before today, I had never laid eyes on a printing plate. I honestly thought it would be a little heavier then it is, but I'm not complaining. There is  more obvious yellow tint to it in person, something that doesn't cross over in to the scan very well. 

You can see Matthew's original post on the card from when he obtained it here

Acquiring a 1/1 Matt Kemp has been one of my main priorities in my short time collecting. Matthew came through and will be rewarded BIG TIME. Say goodbye to your lead in the Chavez Code Judson. I sent Matthew some cool stuff in return for this, and I'll be sure to link his post about it as soon as he gets it. 

In addition to the two Matt Kemp beauties, Matthew threw in three much needed cards from 2013 Bowman Platinum. (Kemp, Kershaw, Ryu)

I'm not particularly fond of the look of the set, but I do want to complete the base set. My remaining needs can be found here

Thanks again Matthew! You went above and beyond, and I hope we can do this again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment