Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chavez Code Changes, Blog Updates, and More Contests

I'm going to start out this post by telling you to go enter Dodger Penguin's contest. This contest is the same format as mine, and hes giving away a great Dodger related prize. 

I am planning on making a few updates to the blog. I have made a few changes to the sidebar, some noticeable and some not. I removed the complete Chavez Code leader board link, but the Top 5 point leaders will remain. I will put the complete leader board back up sometime soon. I am making some changes to the layout, and the way I keep track of points. As soon as that is done the link will return.

I've also made some changes to the Chavez Code page. The changes mainly relate to the ways you can earn points. Instead of only getting 5 points if you post about a trade in your blog, you will get 5 points for making the trade and an additional 5 points for making a trade post. I know some readers don't have blogs, and this is an easier way to keep track of trades and points. Also added to the list of ways to earn points is commenting on RCD posts. I posted this weeks RCD (Random Card of the Day) yesterday. I guess I should probably change the name to RCW, but I doubt I will. 

Another change I plan on making is extending the contest winners. AS of now, the Top 4 names win and receive a different point denomination. A Top 4 list just seems wrong to me so I am stretching it out to a Top 5.  Points will still be staged with 1 point differences, the winner will receive 5 points, while the 5th place winner will receive 1. This will go in to effect with the current contest which can be found by click on Billy Hamilton's face to the right. 

There will be more additions to the Chavez Code in the future, but I don't plan on adding anything else at the time being. This is partly due to the fact that I cannot come up with any new ideas. If anybody has a suggestion, throw it out there. Who knows, you may get some points for good ideas.

I am also going through all of my pages and giving them small updates. Mainly small grammar related things, but I am also updating my wants, and confirming my PC's. 

I'll try to have an actual post with cards sometime tonight. I'm at work at the time being so there is nothing new I can throw up right now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment