Monday, January 20, 2014

Misc. Blog Notes and the Start of a New Collection

Sometimes it is much easier to combine all the crap going on in my head to one simple post. This will be one of those posts in which I will just talk about whatever comes to mind. There is a method to my madness however, as this helps alleviate the number of posts I have to write during the long school/work week.

I'll start out with some contest winnings.


I won this card over at Sports Card Info a couple of weeks ago, and it is actually the second card I have won in my time entering contests at the site. The first was a nearly identical card, though Tony Campana was the main feature. Another contest is being held over there right now, so be sure to check it out. This card is up for trade, and it should be added to my trade bait shortly. 

On a side note that has nothing to do with cards, my buddy Dikran has recently started uploading his music to Soundcloud. I would appreciate it if you would take a listen as much as he would. Let me know what you think. 




I have been in contact with quite a few people over the past week about trades and other various things. I should have all of your packages out tomorrow morning sometime, so you can expect them by the end of the week.

I want to thank Tom and William again for the trades we completed this week. You have both inspired me to start up some new collections. The first being my Dodgers HOF binder. I probably won't have many more details on this until next weekend at the earliest but I just wanted to throw it out there. 

However, I do have another project I'd like to work on and I have all the juicy details. When Tom sent over large portions of the Dodgers team sets from Topps, I decided that I wanted to put together every team set from Topps. There are multiple Topps products, including sets that were produced in the 80's and 90's that are not included in this. I am only looking to complete the team sets from flagship. I don't know if flagship is what I should refer to the older sets by, but it is the name that I am sticking with for now. I am still in the preliminary sorting stage of this project, but my full checklist will be up soon, along with an entire page devoted to the sets. 

I have only had the time to make a list for the 1980's which can be found by clicking here. I hope to add new lists every week from each decade. Obviously this will get tougher to complete the older the cards get, but I am ready for the ride. I could probably purchase a number of these sets for fairly cheap, but I'd rather go after each card one by one. If I buy the team sets individually it feels like cheating. Expect more on this project later. 

I am also going to start ending some posts with a cards I find cool from my dad's old collection. These cards will usually be Dodgers, and I am not actively trying to trade them but If you are interested just let me know. 





No comments:

Post a Comment