Monday, January 20, 2014

Trade With Foul Bunt: Dodger Hullaballoza

I completed my first trade with William of Foul Bunt fame this weekend. I think I approached him about some cards I was interested in, and here we are today. 

Before getting into the cards William sent over, if anybody is interested in any 1987 Topps cards get in touch with William. He has a ton he is looking to move. 

I'll start out with the $215 million-dollar man, Clayton Kershaw. 


Both are new cards to my Kershaw PC, and both are very much appreciated. William also sent over a couple more Kershaw's that I already had, though I know a few Dodger fans that may appreciate them.


It has been a while since Matt Kemp has had a career day. He has not consistently been able to stay on the field since the beginning of the 2012 season. Both cards are new additions to my Bison PC, which is now pushing 100 cards. I will update my PC with Kemp's TC parallels today, so depending on when you look at it, you may see a different total. 


William also sent over some colorful parallels from Topps Flagship. All of these are brand new to me, and the Jerry Sands is the first card I have of the former top prospect. He has fallen off the face of the earth since he was included in the Nick Punto trade, though I hope he can pick it back up and have a nice career. 


Topps had some great insert sets in 2013, including these thick Elite cards. It's always a good day when I can add two of the best Dodgers of all-time to the collection. I"m thinking I need a Dodger HOF binder, but I will have to get some more cards to justify that. 


This is probably my favorite card to come out of 2013 Topps Flagship. I absolutely love Koufax cards, and sticking him on one of the cooler cards from 2013 Topps is awesome. The blue and red really pop out and just make this a perfect card for me. I will try to add more of these in the future. 


William also sent over some Colgan's Chip Disks of some old-timey Dodgers, Wlater O'Malley, Zack Wheat, and Dizzy Vance. I honestly don't know enough about these guys as I should, do I guess a history lesson is on my to-do list. 



 If you've noticed I am getting pretty good at crooked scans! Send over some Dodger cards and I can share my knowledge of the crooked scan with you! 

William also tossed in these fantastic Cooperstown cards of some of the greatest Dodgers of all time. I'm assuming the year listed next to each player's name is the year they were inducted in to the HOF, but I am too lazy to look it up. The Campanella shin guards card is pretty cool, as is the championship ticket card. 


IMO, this is the best card William sent over. In fact, it may be the best Dodger card ever produced. Jackie Robinson, Sandy Koufax, Duke Snider are great, but Vin Scully is Vin Scully. He is the definition of great. I don't know how this card eluded me for so long, but it is finally in my hands now. I am now anxiously waiting to hear Vin announce the greatest five words in the English language, "It's Time for Dodger Baseball!".

Thanks again William. Hope we can do this again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment