Monday, February 3, 2014

Chavez Ravining Fantasy Baseball

With the Seattle Seahawks winning their first ever Super Bowl yesterday, football is officially over for the next 6 months or so. That means baseball, the sport we all love, is back. Pitchers and catchers report in a few days and I am in a baseball mood once again. Not that I'm ever out of a baseball mood. 

This also means Fantasy Baseball will be back soon. An annual reminder that I know more about baseball then my friends and family. Not to brag or anything, but....League Champion five years running! 

Because I now run a blog, I am able to be in contact with other baseball loving people out there. Which is why I'm starting a Fantasy Baseball League. 

Details are a bit sketchy, as they usually are when doing something first introduced, but as we get closer to the season things will start to get a bit clearer. Here's what I do know:

Size of the League
I'm looking to make this a 15 team league. Of course depending on the popularity, this number may increase or decrease a couple of teams. I don't want to have too many teams, but I don't want to have less than 10.

League Type
The league will be played at ESPN, and will be of the rotisserie or points based style of play. I know some people live and die by Yahoo, or head to head matchups, but I've never played at Yahoo and don't plan on it. ESPN has treated me well so far, and it is a system I'm familiar with. 

Cost to Enter
This will be completely free to play. Unless we can all agree on some type of card(s) to enter as a pot, this will be completely free for all of the participants.

Prizes
Of course there will be prizes. Right now, I am not quite sure what those prizes will be, or if they are given out on a weekly basis or at the end of the season, but expect some cards to be switching hands this year. 

As you can see, there is still quite a bit to figure out. Namely, the prize system. I was hoping I could get the people who decide to play to all enter a card into a pot that the winner will receive at the end of the year, but we will figure that stuff out later. 

Right now, I would just like to gauge the interest in the fantasy league . If you have any interest at all just leave a comment. I'm also looking for suggestions. If you have any ideas just let me know in the comments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment