Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Know What I'm About, Nick Offerman

I am a big fan of Parks and Recreation. I started watching it after noticing the Ron Swanson autographed 8X10 Greg has featured on his blog. I was able to pick up a couple of hobby boxes of the Parks and Recreation cards a few weeks ago, and was lucky enough to be able to put together the entire team set. I also received the complete foil set from a seller on eBay after there was a shipping problem with a purchase. 

I highlighted the hits I received from those Parks and Rec boxes a couple of weeks ago, but I have been on a mission ever since. I am attempting to get an auto from all 13 cast members that signed for the set.

Here is my up to date set needs (Updated 7/18/14)

(6/13) 

Amy Poehler (Leslie Knope)
Rob Lowe (Chris Traeger)
Aziz Ansari (Tom Haverford)
Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson)
Aubrey Plaza (April Ludgate)
Jim O’Heir (Jerry Gergich)
Retta (Donna Meagle)
Jay Jackson (Perd Hapley)
Mo Collins (Joan Callmezzo)
Megan Mullally (Tammy Swanson)
Paul Rudd (Bobby Newport)
Fred Armisen (Raul)
Parker Posey (Lindsay Carlisle Shay)

As you can see, I already have autos from Jim O'Heir, Paul Rudd, and Megan Mullally. I actually have two Mullaly autos, with one being the inscription variant. 

So when I came across an auto from another cast member for a more than fair price, I was sure to be the final bidder. For just under the price of a blaster box, I was able to walk away with my first Nick Offerman auto.


This happens to be the gold parallel of the card, making it limited to just 95 copies. Nick, who portrays Ron Swanson in the hit show, has a beautiful autograph, one that I hope to purchase again. With this addition, I am left with 9 autos to attain. Amy Poehler's figures to be the most expensive, but luckily it wouldn't break the budget if I ran into one. If anybody out there has some Parks and Rec hits laying around, let me know. I will trade heavily for any auto, whether or not I already have it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment