Tuesday, February 11, 2014

LCS Pickups and Chavez Ravining Fantasy Baseball

I made a trip down to see Matt at my LCS this evening. I mainly wanted to pick up card pages for my new PC binders, but I picked up a few cards while I was there. 


Surprisingly, I did not have this card, even though it is one of my favorite cards from 2013. I do have the Walmart blue parallel version of the card, but adding the base is nice. I will be looking to add the other versions of this card, but it is not a priority. This is card number 99 in my Matt Kemp PC, with card number 100 coming either tomorrow or Wednesday. 

I also added three new David Ortiz cards to my Big Papi PC

2011 Gypsy Queen, 2006 Ovation, 2011 Topps

The Ovation card on the left stands out above the other two. It is slightly textured and it is indented a bit. Indented probably isn't the right word, but the proper wording isn't coming to my head right now. This pushes my Ortiz PC to a solid 29 cards. I will be searching for an affordable auto over the next few months, but I have other priorities at the moment. 

-----------

I still need at least 3 more people to join the Chavez Ravining Fantasy Baseball League. 

There will be prizes, but the details won't be hammered out until I can fill the league. One thing is for sure, it is going to be completely free to join. 

Current members will be contacted by me within the next few days with further details. I don't want to clog my posts with fantasy posts.  

You can read the original post on this idea here. If you are interested at all, just leave a comment for me and I will get back to you with an invite. 

-----------

If you are still up, be sure to look out for this week's contest which will be posted shortly. I'm scanning the prize now.


No comments:

Post a Comment