Monday, February 10, 2014

Red, White, Blue and Green?


I was browsing the bay last week when I ran across this beauty. That's a very young Shawn Green rocking a USA jersey. It is a little hard to tell from the scan, but it is #'d 18/229. 

I didn't realize this was even out there, so I was pretty happy when I saw it. It combines a few of my collecting interests onto a single card. Shawn Green is a PC guy, and one of my favorite players to ever play. It is USA themed, and the auto is the icing on the cake. 

This is my first "official" Shawn Green auto. I have a TTM auto that my dad sent out many moons ago, so this makes this purchase all the better. I hope to pick up at east one auto of all of my PC guys by the end of this year. I still need to get autos from Kershaw, Beltre, Ortiz, Ryu, Puig and Ethier. Puig will be the most difficult, but maybe he will return a TTM request this spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment