Saturday, February 22, 2014

Reminiscing About 2011 Matt Kemp

I ran across this card a few weeks ago and picked it up off the bay. It didn't cost too much, and it is pretty cool in person. I'm not normally a fan of the manufactured patches/pins, but this is a nice looking card.


I got a new laptop yesterday and splurged a bit on the purchase. I went in to Best Buy with a price I was planning on spending, and ended up leaving after spending a few hundred more than I planned. My new laptop is superior to the ones I was looking at, and I am in love with it already. 

My new screen has PHENOMENAL resolution. Therefore, this scan looks crystal clear to me. Scans used to show up a little foggy, but I can chalk that up to a 6 year old laptop. 

Anyways, back to the card. This card commemorates Kemp's 2011 season, something that will be nearly impossible to reproduce. He hit 39 homers and stole 40 bases. This card specifically mentions his RBI total, which was a league leading 126 in 2011. It is a shame Matt lost the MVP to Ryan Braun. Braun also had an excellent year, but Kemp was the rightful winner. Too bad we can't change the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment