Sunday, February 9, 2014

Trade With All The Way To The Backstop: Another Awesome Trade

I completed my second trade with Marcus of All The Way To The Backstop this weekend. I noticed he pulled an awesome Wal-Mart blue parallel of Yasiel Puig, so I contacted him about it. He emailed me back, and we worked out a swap.



If you saw my post last night, you have seen that I am trying to collect blue bordered Dodgers. Although I have the team set done, I want to put it together again....with Wal-Mart blue bordered cards. This Puig takes the hardest one off the list, so only 12 more to go. I have a few trades in the works, so hopefully I can get this think hammered out over the next few weeks. I'll keep you updated when I receive new cards.

I recently completed my Series One Team Set for the Dodgers, as well as successfully finishing off the complete base set. I just have some inserts left, hopefully I can pick most of those up via trade. I don't plan on buying anymore S1 packs.

Of course, the trade did not stop with just one card. We talked some things over and I was able to pick up a few more awesome cards.


Included was this mini Jackie Robinson from 2013 A&G. I definitely love adding cards of #42 to my collection, so keep them coming.



I was also able to land these beauties. I had no idea these even existed, so it's always nice when you see a card for the first time in person. Both cards have been added to their respective PC's, with my Mattycakes PC sitting at 98 cards. Card #99 is in hand and will be posted this week, and card #100 is in route.



Even though the Puig was the focal point of the trade, this is my favorite card to come from it. I have a lack of Beltre cards in which he is wearing Dodger blue. So being able to add this is a huge plus. I have been trying to add a Beltre auto for a decent price, but haven't found anything I have seriously considered purchasing. If any of you fellow bloggers have one handy let me know. I will trade HEAVILY for it. 

Marcus also threw in some set needs from 2013 and 2014. I am still trying to complete 2013 Flagship, so if anybody out there could help me out I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks again for the trade Marcus. I hope we can do this again soon. I'll keep an eye out for some Friars for you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment