Monday, February 17, 2014

Trade with Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle: PC Madness Pt. 2

If you missed Part 1 of this wonderful trade, check it out here. Today I will continue to show of the goodies Greg sent me. 



First up is this Andre Ethier base card from 2013 Topps Chrome. This leaves me with two base cards to acquire to complete the team set, Ryu and Paco. I am slowly moving along on my Topps Chrome Rainbow quest, but lower number cards are becoming harder to find.  I'll get there eventually. 


Vintage! I have been addicted to adding vintage cardboard recently. I have picked up a few cards from eBay, for minimal cost of course. I have had a lot of fun with my Topps Team Set Project so far, and hope to get some more deals done soon. I will try to take out a majority of each team set, then go for the bigger and more expensive cards. This whole ordeal will probably take a lifetime. 

Oh! I ranted about vintage Dodger cards and forgot to mention this 1978 Topps Tommy John. I'm not big on the design, but it is a much need piece for my team set.


This was completely unexpected. Delonte Carter was drafted out of Syracuse in 2011 by the Colts, though he is no longer with the organization. I will add this to my small box of Colts. 



Topps has been pushing these silk patch cards for a couple years now. I'm not the biggest fan of these things, but I am a fan of adding new cards to my PC. I do like the whole rookie card in silk idea though, and adding an Gonzo "rookie" has been on my want list for a bit. 


When you are done laughing at this sketch card you may notice that it is autographed by Ethier himself. Greg told me that DodgerBobble, a former blogger that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting, had this autographed in person. This marks the first autograph I have of the Dodger outfielder, so expect a few extra CC points Greg.


This was actually the first card I saw when opening up the bubble mailer full of cards. I did not have this one yet, though I've almost pulled the trigger on it a few times at my LCS. He wants 10 bucks for it though, so good luck to him. I love the A&G relics, so this is a much appreciated piece of cardboard...er.....plastic? 


Last but least is this beauty. This is undoubtedly my favorite card to come from the trade, and my first vintage Koufax. The fact that Don Drysdale is on there too makes it all the better. I don't know what else to say about this card, so just enjoy the scan of this vintage greatness.

Greg also sent a ton of cards for my mini collections, but those will be shared at a later time. Thanks again Greg! This was an awesome trade, and I hope we can do it again soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment