Friday, February 21, 2014

Trade with S.Mack Talk: 2013 Set Needs & PC Awesomeness

EDIT: I mistakenly credited this trade to Ethan of Playing With My Cards. I have edited the posting, and now credited Jimmy for the awesome trade. I apologize for the mix-up guys. 


I completed my first trade with Jimmy of the new S.mack Talk card blog

Jimmy almost wiped out my 2013 Bowman Platinum needs. Below are the only cards I am missing.

19 Justin Upton
52 Kris Medlen
78 Robinson Cano
90 Jedd Gyorko RC
99 Dylan Bundy RC




This is probably my favorite card come from the trade, but not because it is a great looking card. It's because it puts me one step closer to finishing off the refractors for my Topps Chome Rainbow quest. In fact, I now have 9/10 of the refractors needed, leaving me with just the Ethier refractor to finish them off. Of course, I still have a ton I need to before I'm anywhere close to finishing, but taking one parallel out of the equation will simplify a few things. 


I was also to get my hands on these two great looking my cards. These cards are my favorite thing about 2014 so far, and I sincerely hope they carry it over to S2. 



This was one of the cooler cards that Jimmy included. I actually didn't even realize that this was floating out there so I'm happy to add it. It features ex-Dodgers OF Jerry Sands, who unfortunately wasn't able to make anything out of his career after a big season in AAA a few years back. That's what Albuquerque does to you I guess. 


I love receiving cards of my favorite two ex-Dodgers, Green and Beltre. Green is actually my favorite player of all-time, so anytime I add something new to my Green binder I am happy. The Beltre card also proves my theory that Beltre is featured in nothing but road Seattle grays on cardboard. I have yet to add a Mariner card of Beltre featuring him in the home whites. I'm sure there are some out there, but my collection stays gray for now. 

Thanks for the wonderful trade Jimmy! And I apologize again for making an error in the initial posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment