Monday, March 24, 2014

Vintage Dodgers Cardboard Is My Favorite Kind Of Cardboard

A few weeks ago I picked up some new vintage pieces to add to my Topps Team Set Project. I am primarily going after the cheap guys now with intentions of going after guys like Koufax and Robinson later. Let's take a look at some of the newest additions.

This hails from the 1963 Topps set and is probably my favorite out of the few I bought. This is my first card 1963, a set that I really enjoy. I'm bidding on a '63 Koufax, but I already know I won't be the winner. Doesn't hurt to bid though.


I also picked up a couple of cards from the 1966 set, though it isn't my favorite set from the decade. In fact, it may be my least favorite. Both cards look pretty boring to me, but maybe my find will change as I add more cards.

I also added this card from 1961. I have never heard of Bob Lillis before, but I have already acknowledged my lack of vintage player history before. According to the back of the card, Lillis led the league in at-bats in his 1956 and 1957 seasons with the St. Paul Saints.


Last but not least, we have some beautiful 1960 Topps. I absolutely LOVE 1960, and I will probably make it a goal to complete it as my first vintage set. None of these cards are in mint condition, but they suffice for my purpose.

The best part of these cards is that they were all shipped for just under 10 bucks. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for some more vintage in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment