Friday, April 4, 2014

A 9-Month Wait That Was Worth It

When I first started this blog, Corey Seager was a primary PC of mine. As my collection grew I stepped off my pursuit for Seager cards for the guys you see featured on the blog a little more prominently now. However, that doesn't mean Seager is not going to be a big part of my collection in the near future. Cards of the Dodgers #2 prospect (in my opinion) are not frequently released, only appearing in a handful of Bowman products as well as a few other unlicensed sets. 

A product called Bowman Inception was released last summer and my buddy Dikran graciously bought be a box for my birthday. He also bought himself a box and at $140 a piece they were not cheap. 

He happened to pull a #/25 Oscar Taveras auto, which was selling for around $150 at the time, as well as a four other decent hits. 

My box on the other hand was as close to a dud as possible. I got 4 autos that sold for about $20 bucks combined, as well as a redemption. The box probably would have been a complete dud to a non-Dodger fan, but it was the perfect birthday gift for me. 


After about 9 months of waiting from Topps, my card was shipped last week and arrived yesterday. This is the standard base auto, but it is a beauty. The Inception design is pretty damn cool, and the on card signature is puts it over the top. I would have liked to see a little more of the Dodgers logo on the jersey, or at least some red numbering, but I'm not going to complain. 

At the end of the day, I am happy with my friends $140 dollar investment that netted me this slick auto of the Dodgers future Shortstop/Third baseman. Trust me, this will not be the last you see of Corey Seager on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment