Friday, May 30, 2014

A Chavez Ravining Pack War

I officially started summer school this week. Because of that, I have had very little time to write anything. It doesn't help that I haven't really picked up any cards lately, in store or in trade. After spending 4 hours in math class this afternoon, I decided to drop by Target to pick up a couple of packs in anticipation for my very first pack war. 

I settled on 2014 Bowman, though I am not really interested in it. I wasn't feeling anything else they had, so I dealt with it. 

I will pin the cards, in order, against each other and determine the winning pack. The better card will receive a point, though I can award more points if I see fit. Obviously, pack one is on the left and pack two will be on the right.  Let's get started. 


We started both packs off on a good note, pulling 2/5 of the Dodgers outfield. However, Crawford has no chance in hell to win this matchup, as a Puig card is just about the best thing I could have pulled. 5 points to pack one for pulling the Wild Horse.

PACK ONE: 5 points
PACK TWO: 0 points


Surprisingly, I pulled another pair off teammates at the 2 spot. Both are effective starters for that other LA team, but Weaver gets the nod, and one point, in this match-up.

PACK ONE: 5 points
PACK TWO: 1 point


I thought the first match-up with Puig was a no-brainer, but this one tops it. Bogaerts will be fighting for the Rookie of the Year award in 2014, whereas I have never even heard of Kohler. One point to pack one. 

PACK ONE: 6 points
PACK TWO: 1 point


Well here is a dreaded match-up between two guys I have never heard off. I guess someone has to get a point, soooooo Mr. Dozier and pack two will gain a little ground.

PACK ONE: 6 points
PACK TWO: 2 points


Yay! Another match-up between two guys I have never heard off. I guess this is why I am not a big fan off Bowman. The Rivero card is one of the Hometown parallels, so pack two gets another point. 

PACK ONE: 6 points
PACK TWO: 3 points



Hmmm. I have a feeling that I will never do a pack war with a Bowman product again. Yet another match-up between two unknowns here. They both play for both Chicago organizations, two teams I am fairly indifferent about. I can't pick a winner. Draw.

PACK ONE: 6 points
PACK TWO: 3 points


I am starting to sound like a broken record. Two unknown guys, but pack two gets the win.

PACK ONE: 6 points
PACK TWO: 4 points



Thank goodness, Major Leaguers. Of course, I know very little about Rienzo, but I do know plenty about Alvarez. Big time power beats the reliever. 

PACK ONE: 6 points
PACK TWO: 4 points



More big league guys, though another rookie I know very little about. Either way, Prado gets the win with one of my favorite throwback jerseys from recent years. 

PACK ONE: 7 points
PACK TWO: 4 points


We finally get to the last match-up! Cueto will attempt to make the comeback against pack one, but he will fall just short. 

FINAL:
PACK ONE: 7 points
PACK TWO: 5 points

What a yawner. Pulling these lackluster cards, with the exception of the Puig, was a no better than writing this post. At least I know now that I need to pick different packs for pack wars. Everything seen here, except the Puig and Crawford, are up for grabs. Leave a comment if you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment