Saturday, May 10, 2014

Another Visit to my LCS

I was able to pick up quite a few more hours on my last paycheck, so I decided to spend a little bit of the extra cash at my LCS. In hindsight, that 20 bucks would have looked nicer in my savings account, but at least I didn't come away empty handed.



The first thing I picked up was a jumbo pack of Bowman. I am not a big fan of Bowman this year, but I ripped it open anyways.





Though I am showing you some of the Dodgers that are featured in this set, none of these were actually pulled from the jumbo pack. I pulled these from a box of Dodgers the owner had shortly after regret from the purchase fell over me.



I did manage to pull these three from the jumbo pack though. They aren't Dodgers, anymore at least (I'm looking at you Beltre), but they still are valuable pieces of cardboard to me. Definitely not worth the 15 bucks I dropped on the pack though.



Luckily, Matt (the owner) likes me enough that he let me pick up some more singles for free. I didn't think twice when I saw this sweet Adrian Gonzalez laying inside of the Dodgers box. 


Right behind that A-Gon, I found an even sweeter card that I added to my pile. I love blue bordered Dodgers, especially when they are numbered, but this did not make up for the dud of a pack I ripped, though it was a step in the right direction. 


I also grabbed the sweet Bryce Harper card on the left and added it to the pile. I was in a rush and didn't have a ton of time to look, but I felt the urge to rip a pack again. I settled on a pack of Gypsy Queen, primarily because it was five bucks, and that is all I had left on me. I pulled the Harper insert as seen on the right, as well as a Hanley Ramirez base card (seen below).


Hanley has been struggling a bit this season, but at least he has been healthy. It wasn't until I scanned this card, but I noticed that it shares the photo with the other Hanley card I scanned above. Lazy, lazy, Topps.

I didn't get my 20 dollars worth of cardboard on this trip, but I did add some cool cards, not to mention plenty of trade bait. If you are looking for base cards from Bowman or Gypsy Queen let me know. All hits that I have pulled so far have already been added to my Trade Bait page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment