Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog Notes: Week Before Finals Edition w/ A Trade from S.Mack Talk Cards

I haven't done Blog Notes before, but I think I may start doing them every so often. They will help me get some information out there that I didn't necessarily want to incorporate into a post, so that's a plus. 

First of all, thanks again to everybody that takes their time to read this jumbled mess. I was not expecting this type of reception when I first entered the blogging world. I have made numerous trades over the 7 months or so I have been active, and I have met many new and awesome people. I'm sure I am not the first to say this, but blogging makes collecting 100 times better.  

Secondly, I have changed my method of shipping. I live in just about the middle of nowhere so getting to a post office was sometimes tough. Especially considering the nearest one is about 16 miles away. But, I am now printing out labels online (yay technology!) and saving money doing it. The only problem I have encountered so far is finding a way to ship to Canada, or any international place for that matter, online. I am currently printing out labels for First Class Packages through Paypal, but I cannot find a way to ship to the Great White North. If anybody out there knows of a way to do this, I am all ears. I have 3 packages waiting to be shipped up north, and I assure all of my Canadian friends that they will be shipped tomorrow. 

Finally, my buddy Dikran could use some support. As you may have already known, Dikran is my card collecting partner. He has always been a music man, and spends his free time making music. He recently produced a beat and a semi-successful artist in Fresno rapped on it. It was actually on the radio this weekend (yay again!) but he could use some help in getting it played next weekend too. All you have to do is click on this link, scroll to the bottom of the list, and vote for his song. It is listed under Amadi - My Potna. That music isn't something a whole lot of bloggers probably listen to, but a simple vote will go a long way in helping out my friend.

I will gather up some cards for those kind enough to vote for my buddy's song. No need to listen to it, unless you want to, but votes are what count. Just leave me a comment if you vote and I will pull a few things for you. 

Of course, a post would not be complete without some cards. 



These come courtesy of Jimmy of S.Mack Talk Cards. The Mike Scioscia officially closes the door on my 1988 Topps Team Set. The Green and Beltre are also sweet additions to their respective PC's as well. Jimmy also sent quite a few more card for my Topps Team Set Project, but I have yet to update my set needs. Thanks again Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment