Friday, May 2, 2014

I See You

By now, most of you have probably seen the awesome Matt Kemp game-used, autographed, and cracked bat that my buddy Dikran got me for my birthday. What you you haven't seen is part two of my birthday gift.

It got over-shadowed quite a bit by the bat, but that doesn't take away from the pure coolness factor this card has. 


Although it may be a bit hard to see, this bad boy is numbered 15/25. Unlike most Dodgers relics you may see, this features a baby blue patch. I originally thought it was from the throwbacks the Dodgers wore a couple years ago, but quickly remembered that Hanley wasn't on the team at that time. Honestly, I doubt it actually came from something Hanley wore, but a generic Dodger fabric they decided to use. I have always had my doubts about the authenticity of the relics included on cards, but this just about confirmed my suspicions. Hanley may have worn a jersey this color and I may be completely blanking, but I'm sure some of my fabulous readers would point that out to me if it were the case. 

Anyways, thanks again Dikran. I guess your birthday gift from me will have to be pretty great to top this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment