Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Went to Jarrod!

About a week and a half ago I posted about some cards I received from reader Jarrod. You can check that out by clicking this fancy blue text. Shortly after posting that, I decided to browse Jarrod's eBay page in the hopes of finding some more Dodger goodies. I came across an auction full of Yasiel Puig cards. Though I want to get my hands on all things Puig, one particular card in the lot stood out. 


Considering this was a card desperately needed for my Topps Chrome Rainbow, I messaged Jarrod expressing my interest in it. The auction came and went with no bids, so Jarrod decided to offer it up to me. We settled on a price (I didn't pay enough in hindsight) which also included some other cards that I will get to in a minute. 

Though I am not normally a big fan of orange cards, especially Dodgers cards, I love the look of these orange refractors from 2013 Topps Chrome. This orange refractor is not only my first colored Puig refractor, but it is my eighth orange refractor out of the ten needed. Carl Crawford and Matt Magill are the only ones I am missing. 

STOP: Check out Jarrod's eBay page here and see what he has to offer!

Of course, I did say I got some other cards in this purchase, so let's get to it. 


The first card I saw when opening up the package was this beauty. Julio Urias is the Dodgers uber-talented pitching prospect. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects, but Corey Seager has a solid hold on the top spot for now. As much as I enjoy this card, it depresses me a bit. I am only 20 years old, but the fact that this kid is only 17 makes me feel like an old man. Though I am sure many of you probably despise both me and Julio :)


Next up is this fantastic card featuring The Bison. I am surprised that I did not already have this card. I have always done my best to stay on top of blue parallels of my favorite player, but I guess this one slipped though the cracks. Thanks Jarrod!


Jarrod wasn't done with blue bordered Dodgers though, as he added this bad boy to the mix. The blue on these Opening Day cards tends to look a bit more electric than most blue parallels. I really enjoy these blue borders from Opening day.


Jarrod also sent over this sweet Opening Day insert of the Dodgers young stud. I haven't bought a ton of Opening Day, so these inserts are greatly appreciated.


Now here is where the surprises started. The first being this totally awesome Steve Garvey auto. This is my first Garvey auto, and I could not be happier. I don't pick up a ton of autos/relics of Dodger legends, so anything I can acquire through trade, or eBay purchases like this one, is a bonus. I will gladly add this to my pile of Dodger hits. A pile of cards that will be uploaded to the blog sometime soon. 

Finally, Jarrod sent over one last card that was probably the biggest surprise of all. 


The scan did not come out as well as I would have liked, though it still works. At first glance, I thought this was an in-person auto. It took me a second to see the numbering at the top and the sticker on the back that said 2004 Topps Originals Baseball. I took a quick look into the set, but was unable to find out a ton. I did find out that these cards were sold 1 card per pack with 6 packs per box. Regardless, this is a fantastic addition to my growing stack of Dodger hits. 

Thanks again Jarrod! I am sure we will be dealing again very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment