Monday, May 19, 2014

Showing Some Appreciation for Zack Greinke

Most of my readers know who I primarily collect: Kemp, Kershaw, Ryu, Beltre, and Green. They may also know who some of the secondary guys I collect are: Gonzalez, Ethier, Harper, Seager, Ortiz, Ramirez, and Puig. 

In fact, you can find out everything I collect by clicking on the "What I Collect" tab up top (I linked it mid-sentence because I am a swell guy). 

Many people are unfamiliar with my tertiary collection however. Frankly, I am a little unfamiliar with the guys of my tertiary collection as well. Most of them, with the exception of Jose Fernandez, have ties to the Dodgers. Though I doubt that is a surprise. Let me give a run down of the tertiary guys for those too lazy to click on the link.

Jose Fernandez
Zack Greinke
Russell Martin
Manny Ramirez
Paco Rodriguez

That list only consists of five guys at the moment, but the list will expand with time. I have already displayed my modest Paco Rodriguez collection, which has grown a bit since that post, but I am moving onto another player of interest today.


Zack Greinke has long been one of my favorite players in the game, but only recently become a member of the Dodgers. 


And thank goodness for that. The man has been absolutely dominant during his time in Los Angeles. Throwing to a 22-5 record (though wins don't really matter) with 249 strikeouts in 231 innings for the Dodgers. 

Of course, he hasn't been dominant in just Dodger Blue. 


He spent the back end of 2012 with the other LA team after they sent over a package headlined by Jean Segura to the Brewers. He pitched effectively with the Angels, though was slightly better with the Brew Crew.


Interestingly enough, Greinke never lost a game at Miller Park while with the Brewers. Of course, he lost in his first game back as a member of the Dodgers. Baseball.




He may have had his best season to date as a member of the Royals however. Greinke took home the AL Cy Young award in 2009 and put up crazy good numbers while doing so. He led the league in ERA, FIP, and WHIP (as well as a few other categories) while striking out 242. For those who prefer the more traditional stats, Greinke had a 16-8 record and a 2.16 ERA. 

I currently have 19 unique Zack Greinke cards, 25 if you include the 6 different parallels I own from 2013 Topps Chrome. Those belong in my Topps Chrome Rainbow though, so I wont officially include them in his card total. 

If you have any extra Greinke cards laying around, feel free to ship them to my house. I am pretty sure there is somebody inside that would appreciate them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment