Saturday, May 3, 2014

Topps Chrome Rainbow: Matt Magill Camo Refractor

I was able to pick up another card for my Topps Chrome Rainbow last week in the form of a Matt Magill Camo Refractor. 


The card is #'d 14/15, which, believe it or not, is the lowest numbered card I have in my rainbow so far. As far as the individual player rainbows go, I have 8/12 Matt Kemp cards and 5/12 Matt Magill cards. However, completing the Magill rainbow will probable be completed sooner because I have the hardest ones in hand, with the exception of the Atomic, Pink, and 1/1. That and they're cheaper. 

This marks the 50th card toward the 120 needed. Frankly, I didn't think I would get this far, but at the same time I don't feel like I have 50. Finding the numbered cards has been a challenge lately, especially when ebayers are listing the cards for ridiculous prices in BIN formats. My goal is to stay patient and pick them up without breaking the bank. 

I was able to land this card for a little over 4 bucks. Though I did feel a little bad in doing so. I was watching this card for just about the entire time the auction was up, but decided to wait and bid right before the auction ended. Normally I just place my high bid and hope I win, but I figured I would try DodgerPenguin's strategy of sniping at the last second. Lucky for me, the bid I placed at the last second was a penny over the other bidders final bid. Guess I'll be sniping more frequently now. Look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment