Sunday, June 8, 2014

The End of the Chavez Code

I have been going back and forth on this issue for a while now, but I have finally come to a decision.

The Chavez Code is no more.

Now, before I get into the details, let it be known that anybody with any Chavez Code points will be compensated fairly. You can still redeem your points, but there will be no more points given away. 

I started the Chavez Code not only to gain some followers, but to reward fellow collectors/bloggers that helped me out. It was a great success, and many of you even traded with me just to boost your Chavez Code point total. 

However, all good things must come to an end.

The Chavez Code was getting too difficult for me to maintain. I was keeping track of the points through excel, but I never did find an efficient way to stay on track. I would often forget to award people points, or simply forget to remove points after they were redeemed. Either way, it was becoming more of a burden than anything.

I posted a few MEGA TRADE BAIT posts a couple months back, right about the time I was considering dropping the Chavez Code. I had hoped many of you would redeem your points, and many of you did. This took quite a load off of my shoulders, as I was wondering how to reward everyone after I decided to shut the whole thing down.

Honestly, I still haven't thought of a good way to compensate everyone who has points. To be fair, I am only worried about a select few who have dominated the leader board since the inception of the Chavez Code: DodgerPenguin, Nathan Tuttle, cpuJesse, and Greg are just a few who will be repaid over time. Most people who still have points have very little, which makes it much more easy for me to repay. 

So here it is: If your name is on the Chavez Code Leaderboard, and you have points to your name, you can redeem them. However, unless you have at least 50, you must cash them in through trade. Let me clarify, if you plan on cashing in your points for some extra goodies, please plan on doing so in a larger deal. So please plan on saving them for the next time we trade. I don't have the budget as a college student to send out 30 care packages to everyone who has points right now, which is why they must be cashed in as part of a trade. 

If you are interested in redeeming your points, just shoot me an email.

I appreciate everyone that took the time to read this large block of text, and everyone that took the time to participate in the Chavez Code. 

------------------------------------------------

Let me take this opportunity to talk about some of the changes I've made to the blog over the past couple of weeks. 

1. My primary PC's of Kemp, Kershaw, Beltre, Green, and Ryu have been combined. You will notice up top that I now have three pages for my PC guys, with Ryu getting his own page. He didn't seem to fit well with any of the other guys, but he may have a new friend soon......hint...hint.

2. I have also (finally) uploaded my entire list of Dodger Hits. Anybody that is not a Primary or Secondary PC player is on this list. HOF'ers and Prospects are also missing, but they will soon have pages of their own. I may upload picture of all of the cards soon, but that chore is on the back burner for the time being.

I couldn't go an entire post without a scan of a card.
3. I now have a page dedicated to my love of Parks and Rec (Hat tip to Greg once again!). Keep track of my quest to own every autograph from the fantastic set. Only 9 more to go! 

4. I now have a Secondary PC page, with pictures of fantastic cards from my Secondary PC's which include Adrian GonzalezAndre EthierBryce HarperDavid OrtizHanley Ramirez, and Yasiel Puig. Be sure to check it out. 

One more big thanks to everyone that takes their time to read my silly little blog. I hope I can continue to put out more quality content as time goes on.



No comments:

Post a Comment