Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wait, I Had Something For This...

A couple months back, I ponied up and purchased my first Archer sketch card. I became a big fan of the hit FX show after another fine recommendation from Greg over at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle. After binge watching all four seasons, I decided it was time to give Greg some competition for these 1/1 sketches. Here's what I got.


This fantastic card features the main man himself, Sterling Archer. Though I was looking at a few other sketches at the time I purchased this, I opted to go with a card of the main character. This is actually the first sketch card I've seen in person, and I can honestly say there they will become a much larger part of my collection going forward. 

The card depicts a scene in just the second episode of this show, which happens to be on Netflix for those interested. Archer is training Cyril for field work, when he decide to shoot some ice at him from a slingshot. It ended up hitting the hooker Cyril was dancing with at the time, but I'll let you watch the show before I give out any spoilers. You can see the shot this sketch was taken from here



I actually bought the card from the artist himself, as he was the one who listed it on eBay. As the Artist Proof sticker suggests, this card was never placed in boxes and distributed. I talked a bit about the difference between Artist Proofs and non-Artist Proof cards with Greg a few months back at the Dodger game, so my memory is a little foggy. 

After I purchased this card, I contacted the artist/seller to see if he had anymore he wanted to move. He did not, but he was willing to do some custom sketches for me. The price he quoted was more than fair, and I had two customs made up. But, you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see those. 


No comments:

Post a Comment